32-year-old man pleads not guilty in connection to 2022 murder in Garfield Heights
CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - The 32-year-old man arrested in Cleveland for allegedly murdering a man in Garfield Heights in 2022 on Friday was arraigned in the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas.
Travis Hicks, of Shaker Heights, allegedly killed 27-year-old Ronnie Briggs at a Garfield Heights bar on Sept. 27, 2022, according to previous reports.
A grand jury on March 28 voted to indict Hicks on the eight charges:
- One count of aggravated murder, an unclassified felony with gun specifications
- Two counts of murder, both unclassified felonies with gun specifications
- Two counts of felonious assault, both second-degree felonies with gun specifications
- Two counts of having weapons under disability, both third-degree felonies
- One count of discharge of firearm on or near prohibited premises, a third-degree felony with firearm specifications
Hicks on March 31 pleaded no guilty to the charges. He was given a $1,000,000.
Higgs’s mother, Monica, told 19 News it’s still not enough.
“It’s set an amount that will stop him from getting out, but I don’t think it’s enough as far as my son is concerned” said Monica Higgs.
She says she and her family pray everyday they find justice for his murder.
“He went to my son’s establishment with a weapon. That means he had the intent on killing someone. You can’t go in with a weapon. What do you have one for?” said Monica Higgs.
A pre-trial is scheduled for 9 a.m. on April 11.
This is a developing story. Return to 19 News for updates.
Copyright 2022 WOIO. All rights reserved.